AFK Gamers Lounge Launches Their Kickstarter For an eSports Bar & LAN Center.
AFK Gamer Lounge has recently launched a new Kickstarter on May 7 to open an eSports bar & LAN center within the Silicon Valley area. AFK Shall become a real world hub for eSports and a social gaming paradise aimed towards the large and increasing population of adult gamers.
The project already gained over 15,000 sq ft building, a strong team, some investment, and is looking towards raising over $50,000 for equipment purchases. The Kickstarter also encourages backers to exceed the initial goal through a unique Kickstarter mini-game that allows the backer to “level-up” features of the bar, LAN, Lounge by using “experience points” gained from pledging.
“Adult gamers are the largest, most important market you have not heard of…yet. According to the Entertainment Software Association (theesa.com), 71% of gamers are age 18 and the average age of gamers is 31 years old. To millions of adults, gaming is their preferred entertainment activity, however, it keeps them tethered to their desks and sofas at home. Adult gamers yearn for a real-world social experience, but have had nowhere to go. We want to build AFK to be the home of social gaming.” stated Kevin Wick, Co-Founder of AFK
AFK expands upon the traditional ideal behind a LAN center by including an eSports bar and lounge. The eSports bar resembles a traditional sports bar atmosphere, although, instead of the traditional sports games normally found on Television, professionally played video games are streamed from the Internet. The lounge is a large, open area dedicated to the community; here, everything from a guild/clan meetup to viewing parties.
Additional features include:
- Main Stage: For live shows and exhibition matches
- Private Team Rooms: Teams will practice here, similar to a traditional athlete’s gym
- eSports Pro Shop: Selling specialty gaming equipment & pro eSports team merchandise
- Private Casting Rooms: Professional-grade camera and mic for doing live-streams
- NACL Broadcast Center: Our partners at the North American Challenger League will do ESPN-style broadcasting from their broadcast center at AFK
Link to the kickstarted has been provided right here.