FireChat Now Allows Users to group-chat Anonymously Without The Need For Internet.
Open Garden has recently announced that its newest application, FireChat 2, is now available for download on the App Store and on the Google Play. After introducing off-the-grid messaging, Firechat now allows people to create their own “firechats,” focused on the categories or communities that have interested them, whether its about their favorite sports team, television show, or Italian foods.
A new type of communication for mobile devices, “firechats” are a free-form, real-time, fast-paced and anonymous group discussions with freedom to move simply from one to another, just as one might when attending at a party. Firechats wrks even the user has no connection to the Internet or mobile data coverage is currently available.
“FireChat reached the top 10 amongst social networking apps in 115 countries around the word. We were surprised by this instant success and sought to better understand the needs that this app fulfills,” said Micha Benoliel, Open Garden’s CEO and co-founder. “People told us they love FireChat’s fun, rapid-fire exchanges. We asked ourselves: could social networks be like parties? This a step in that direction. We aim to take anonymous mobile communications to the next level, providing relief to social networks fatigue and privacy concerns. “
Firechat is batter made for any kind of situation where no reliable connectivity is currently available, this includes clubs, Concerts, conferences, outdoor festivals, collage campuses, public transportation, and stadiums.
Features and capabilities:
- Instantly message anyone around you on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch or Android devices,
- Works even without any Internet connection or cellular phone coverage,
- See what people are talking across the country in the “Everyone” mode,
- Create your own “firechats” for discussions focused on specific topics or communities,
- Use the “Nearby” mode for off-the-grid communications, up to 200 feet of your location, (between people using devices with the same operating system),
- Multi-hop capabilities extend the range of peer-to-peer communications,
- Easy: no Facebook or email login, no password to remember,
- Use it at home or when traveling anywhere in the world,
- No significant impact on battery consumption.