Goodkid Foods Kickstarter Campaign For Healthy Snack Aimed For Kids.
Goodkid Foods has recently manage to launch a Kickstarter Campaign that shall allow them to launch an all new healthy snack bar for kids into markets. Goodkid Bars, which come in three kid-friendly flavors, low in sugar, gluten and peanut free and packed with organic ingredients, antioxidants and omega-3s. The 30-day campaign was launched during May 20, with a funding goal set for $25,225
Bend, Oregon-based parents and founders, Bart and Ashleigh Mitchell, started making the healthy snack bars in their own kitchen in 2011. At that time, they were simply looking to fill a need in their own family—for a portable, yet healthy snack that made kids and parents happy. They soon realized there was a huge demand for this and set out on a journey to bring Goodkid Bars to market.
With half the sugar of the leading kids’ snack bar, Goodkid Bars are:
- Available in three kid-friendly flavors: Lemon Blueberry, Oatmeal Raisin and Apple Cinnamon
- Formulated by a nutrition specialist to be just the right size (36g) and amount of calories and fat
- Low in sugar (only 5 or 6 grams per bar, depending on the flavor)
- Packed with all natural ingredients, including organic fruit, omega-3s, and antioxidants like acai, pomegranate, Echinacea, choline, vitamin C, and zinc
- Entirely peanut and GMO free
- Certified kosher and gluten free
- Moist, chewy and delicious
“We work hard to raise and feed our own two kids and we know other parents do, too,” said Ashleigh Mitchell, co-owner of Goodkid Foods. “We were frustrated with the leading kids’ snack bars that were high in sugar and offered no nutritional value. So, we created Goodkid Bars because we saw a need for a snack that was more than just something to fill kids’ bellies, but also something to help their bodies and minds thrive.”
All proceeds from the Goodkid Foods’ Kickstarter campaign will directly fund the first commercial production run of approximately 48,000 bars (1,000 cases), as well as all the up-front costs to print wrappers, display cartons, and master cases. All pledge reward levels include Goodkid Bars and start at $10. The campaign ends on June 19, 2014 at 5 p.m. EST.