Kamino, The Urban Discovery App, Competes for Top Startup at TechCrunch Disrupt.
The iOS mobile startup known as Kamino has decide to redefine the way people can become urban explorer in a competition to be named one of the best startups around at TechCrunch Disrupt NY 2014. Developed by co-founder Louis P. Huynh and Roger Obando, Kamino has been recognized all around the world for inspiring locals and tourist to get out of their vehicles and explore the urban setting of their city.
Recently name as the “Best of Show” during the 2014 Macworld/iWord conference held in San Francisco, Kamino makes it easier for users to enjoy the authenticity of a city experience by simply following or creating a walkable playlist, or “urban hike”. Each hike features recommendations from travel experts, user-generated content from other Kamino users, photos, and an easy to navigate GPS enabled map, for an inside look at special places that make the city unique. Kamino is heavily integrated with social media as well, and in their most latest update, it has provided users with the functionality to connect with the rest of the community through the use of email or Facebook.
“Exhibiting at TechCrunch Disrupt and participating in Startup Alley has been a Kamino goal since day one,” says Louis P. Huynh, Kamino Co-Founder and President. “Seeing that goal met is a huge milestone for our team and we are excited for the opportunity to share Kamino’s mission with Disrupt attendees.”
Features of Kamino include:
- Hikes on the fly: Find awesome new spots to explore wherever you are.
- Expert recommendations: Get insights from travel experts and local gurus on the best hikes in town.
- Local treasures and hidden gems: Discover what you may have missed in your own backyard.
- GPS-guided hikes: Never get lost! A built-in GPS system will always get you to your destination.
- Hikes tailored to your interests: Find out if a hike is dog-friendly, good for kids, or great for a night out with friends.
- Recommendations: Add tips as you go or when you arrive at your final destination.
- Create your own hikes: Share your favorite places with friends, family, and your Kamino community!
Kamino is currently available for free on the iTunes App Store.