The Micro Reaches $3M With Most Pre-Orders for a 3D Printer in History.
The first truly affordable 3D Printer, The Micro, has successfully reached its $3 million mark, with over 10,000 backs and more pre-orders than any 3D printer in the history of this industry. With a consumer-friendly price range of $299, The Micro quickly becoming one of the most successful Kickstart campaigns of all time, with only a couple of days left for the campaign.
The Micro 3D printer managed to reach the $1 million under only 25 hours, faster than even the Pebble Watch, which took over 28 hours to reach the same goal, and reached its initial goal of $30,000 in under 11 minutes. The Micro is currently over funded by 6000%, meaning that the project has surpassed crowdfunded success such as Oculus Rict, which only reached 974% of funding.
Michael Armani, Founder at M3D, explains: “We are thrilled to have hit the $3 million mark, and it means that The Micro will become a reality for the everyday consumer and bring 3D printing to the masses. A massive thank you to everyone who has supported us in making this project where it is today”.
Where running a business or printing for fun and useful everyday objects, The Micro and be utilized to create anything from custom jewelry, cookie cutters, everyday objects around the house, and even real engineering and artistic prototypes. In order to begin Printing in 3D, simple plug the printer, download or create models, and hit the print button, making it ideal for both everyday user and the more tech-savvy 3D printing lover. The Micro comes prepared to use out of the box, meaning that there are no necessary setup or complicated instruction to follow, all in an accessible, compact portable size that can simply rest on ones table.
David Jones, Founder at M3D, explains: “We’ve managed to keep the cost of The Micro low by ensuring that it’s space and power efficient, using as much power as a tablet would use. We’re excited to be a part of the 3D printing revolution, and hope that The Micro will play its part in revolutionizing the way we build, innovate and create”.
Navigating the 3D printer software and looking through the design can be exciting as playing a game, meaning that the process of 2d printing from beginning to end is quite simple and easy to experience. Search and browse for countless items through the internet, organize 3D models that have been download into the library, and creating a design you wish to bring to life. The cost of The Micro is kept low by ensuring that it’s space and power efficient, lightweight, and designed for manufacturing.
- The Micro Supports many different materials: ABS, PLA, nylon, chameleon, as well as M3D’s micro filament spools or standard 1.75 mm filament spools available on the market.
- Compatible with Mac and PC and Linux through a direct USB-connection. Advanced users can use the expert settings, as well as other software such as open-source slicers.
- Micro Motion Technology is a sensor and feedback system built into the print head, providing auto-leveling and auto-calibration. This means that every time you run the printer it works well, even after thousands of hours of use.
- The Micro 3D Printer can print objects as tall as 4.6 inches or 116 mm.
- 50-350 micron layer resolution, 15 micron X and Y positioning accuracy.
- Dimensions: Print height: 116mm (4.6″). Base Print Area: 109mm x 113mm. Print Area Above 74mm: 91mm x 84mm.
- Removable ABS-bonding Print Bed.
- Printer Dimensions: 185mm³ / Printer weight: 1kg (2.2 lbs).
You can still pre-order The Micro on their Kickstarter page until the end of their campaign on May 7. The Micro is designed for assembly and production in the USA.