The Pocket Drone
The pocket drone is a small personal flying robot that is strong enough to carry a high quality camera. Most people are familiar with sporting cameras such as the GoPro HD. What if you had a personal flying drone that can follow you and record your activities from the sky? Airdroids, a startup company based in San Diego has recently launched a Kickstart campaign for a pocket drone which will be the world’s first multicopter that’s powerful enough to carry a high quality action camera and folds up smaller than a 7in tablet. As of now, they have already raised over 270,000$ on kickstarter and the company still has about 50 days remaining on the campaign.
Demo video here:
The Pocket Drone key features
1. Unique cutting-edge collapsible compact design
2. Easy to fly and simple to maintain
3. Lightweight with maximum payload
4. Ready to fly (RTF) with everything you need out of the box and quick to deploy
5. Advanced software and systems with autopilot and “follow me” mode
6. Longest flight time of any multicopter under $500
7. High quality materials and components
8. Upgradeable, expandable and hackable
9. Designed with multiple safety features
After you receive your package, all you need to get started is the pocket drone along with a decent quality camera such as the gopro. The pocket drone is ready to be deployed in less than 20 seconds. Not to mention, the pocket drone is extremely portable and can fit in any backpack.
The Pocket Drone is a multi-rotor system like no other. We’ve put an enormous amount of time into optimizing the size, the payload and flight times. When folded up for portability it has a smaller footprint than a 7″ tablet and is less than 3″ tall. That means that you can carry it in a backpack, purse, or luggage with room to spare.It’s simple yet elegant design is easy to deploy, fly and maintain.
It’s safe, powerful, and easy to use. Check out pocket drone’s website below: